This text is also available in the following languages:
Interview with lawyer Holger Rothbauer on the trials against Heckler & Koch
Serious allegations for the momentous continuation of the pawn sacrifice
by Heckler & Koch and the Federal Government
by the public prosecutor Stuttgart
Trial Monitoring of Case 02 for GN-STAT
The illegal sale
of G36 assault rifles by Heckler & Koch
into Mexican conflict states
Transcripts and Worldwide Information on the Trial Monitoring
For the main hearing of the criminal trial
in the proceedings of case 13 KLs 143 Js 38100/10
("Heckler & Koch")
against Peter Beyerle, and others
(former employees of the company Heckler & Koch, Oberndorf)
For the violation of the War Weapons Control Act and the Federal Act on Foreign Trade concerning the illegal export
of G36 assault rifles into conflict states in Mexico
before the 13th chamber of
of the Stuttgart State Court, Urbanstr. 20, 70182 Stuttgart, Germany
from May 15th until October 25th, 2018
Introduction including organizational points on trial participation
Establishment of the trial days by the Stuttgart State Court
How to join the trial monitoring effort
<< 25 Daily Minutes in Multiple Languages >>
(from May 15th until October 25th, 2018)
Proclamation of Verdict
Evaluation and Conclusion
Introduction Including Practical Tips on Observing the Trial:
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
Dear Friends of Peace,
the following information is addressed to those people
1) who from May to October 2018 wish to follow our minutes and reports on the 25 trial days in English, Spanish, German (and potentially other languages) - no matter where they may be in the world! You will find the minutes of the 25 days of court sessions of the main hearing from May 15th to October 25th on this page.
2) who would be willing and able to attend one or more days of trial and wish to actively support our trial monitoring for the GLOBAL NET – STOP THE ARMS TRADE or would translate the trial minutes into other languages.
Please follow this practical advice to attend the trial:
· You must bring your ID or passport!
· During the trial at least two (or more) people should be in the court room to take minutes at all times!
· Bring a writing pad and a sufficient supply of pens and paper.
· It is advisable to come early so you can seat yourself in one of the front rows. This is preferable due to the better acoustics in those spots.
· In the courtroom no visual or audio material may be recorded during the proceedings or when the judges are present. Photographs may only be taken before or after the beginning of deliberations.
· An information sheet with room numbers, names of the defendants, witnesses, etc. will be available in front of the court on each hearing day. It is advisable to take a picture of this document to improve orientation.
· Dates and times of the trial can also be found on the website of the Stuttgart State Court.
Feedback: HEADS UP - the minutes and notes should be discussed, and quotations clarified among participants that same evening. The documents must then be digitized and sent via email to Tanja Meinhardt email@example.com and Jürgen Grässlin firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably in a .doc file format). Quick submission is crucial to allow translators the earliest possible access in order to speed up translations. Additionally, the transcripts will be uploaded to the GLOBAL NET – STOP THE ARMS TRADE website, www.gn-stat.org.
Establishment of the Days of Trial by the Stuttgart District Court
The beginning of the main hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, May 15th, 2018, 9:30am. The room has not been determined yet. In order to find a good seat, trial observers are advised to enter the court room no later than 9:00am. Those participating in the demonstration in front of the court should enter the court room immediately afterwards - a lot of public interest is to be expected at least on the first trial day.
Subsequent Trial Days (DD.MM.YY) - Attention: Date shifts are possible:
May 2018: 17.05.2018,
June 2018: 05.06.2018, 07.06.2018, 14.06.2018, 19.06.2018,
July 2018: 05.07.2018 (Attention: This date is cancelled), 10.07.2018, 12.07.2018, 26.07.2018,
August 2018: 01.08.2018, 16.08.2018,
September 2018: 03.09.2018, 10.09.2018, 11.09.2018, 18.09.2018,
20.09.2018, 24.09.2018, 26.09.2018,
October 2018: 08.10.2018, 10.10.2018, 16.10.2018, 18.10.2018,
Dr. Johannes Fridrich
Judge at the Stuttgart District Court, 20. Criminal Division
First Media Spokesperson for General and Criminal Justice Matters
Urbanstraße 20, 70182 Stuttgart
To Join the Trial Monitoring
In all likelihood the Presiding Judge Maurer will issue a ban on laptops, smartphones, etc. for the public in the courtroom. Body searches outside the courtroom are to be expected. Therefore minute takers will need to be prepared to take written notes of especially important quotes by hand.
<< The document
"TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS FOR TRIAL MONITORING"
Can be requested via email from email@example.com >>
<< 25 DAILY MINUTES IN MULTIPLE LANGUAGES>>
(From May 15th to October 25th 2018)
Each day the minutes of the hearing will be taken and edited by trial observers and subsequently translated into multiple languages by GLOBAL NET – STOP THE ARMS TRADE. In this way we intend to ensure access for an international audience. Independently the trial will also be monitored by the journalist Jan van Aken, who will publish his transcripts on the website of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation.
Minutes, May 15th, 2018
Minutes, May 17th, 2018
Minutes, June 5th, 2018
Minutes, June 7th, 2018
Minutes, June 14th, 2018
Minutes, June 19th, 2018
Minutes, July 5th, 2018
Minutes, July 10th, 2018
Minutes, July 12th, 2018
Minutes, July 26th, 2018
Minutes, August 1st, 2018
Minutes, August 16th, 2018
Minutes, September 3rd, 2018
Minutes, September 10th, 2018
Minutes, September 11th, 2018
Minutes, September 18th, 2018
Minutes, September 20th, 2018
Minutes, September 24th, 2018
Minutes, September 26th, 2018
Minutes, October 8th, 2018
Minutes, October 10th, 2018
Minutes, October 16th, 2018
Minutes, October 18th, 2018
Minutes, October 23rd, 2018
Minutes, October 25th, 2018
Proclamation of Verdict
Evaluation and Conclusion
The minutes must be submitted on the same day to
They will then be published on the
GLOBAL NET – STOP THE ARMS TRADE www.gn-stat.org (in Spanish, English,
German, and other languages)
JG 0170-6113759 or 0761-7678208